Drug crimes do not just refer to crimes involving illegal drugs, narcotics, and controlled substances. An individual can face criminal charges for committing an unlawful act involving a prescription or over-the-counter drug as well.
At the Law Offices of Freedman & Freedman, we have experience defending clients against a variety of prescription drug crimes, including:
- Prescription fraud
- Using another person’s identity to obtain a prescription
- Trying to obtain the same prescription from multiple pharmacies
- Forging a prescription in order to obtain a prescription drug
- Selling or distributing prescription drugs
- Trafficking prescription drugs
- Transporting prescription drugs for unlawful purposes
- Manufacturing an over-the-counter drug into an illegal drug
- Unlawful possession of an illegal drug
Get Help From an Experienced Drug Defense Lawyer
The truth is, crimes involving prescription drugs are on the rise. If you have been arrested for committing a crime involving a prescription or over-the-counter drug in Wayne County or Oakland County, it is important to take your situation seriously, as your charges are very real. If convicted, you could be sentenced to jail, probation, large fines, license suspension, mandatory drug treatment, and more.
To ensure you have the aggressive defense you’ll need, please feel free to contact a Michigan drug defense attorney at the Law Offices of Freedman & Freedman. Our dedicated defense team has considerable experience handling prescription drug cases, and is prepared to work diligently on your behalf. Our number one priority is helping you successfully fight your charges to avoid a drug crimes conviction that could take a heavy toll on your rights and reputation for years to come.
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation to discuss your prescription drug charges, contact the office today by filling out a free case evaluation or simply calling 1 (888) 252-8582!