Why Hire a Michigan Criminal Attorney?
When facing criminal charges in Michigan, you can find yourself encountering the risk of consequences that may change your life. Whether or not the charges against you have any merit, the justice system is such that it does not allow for any mistakes on behalf of the defense. Unless the accused has legal counsel for their defense, they are left completely on their own to navigate through the complicated process brought on by a criminal charge. Extensive paperwork, pleadings and court trials are extremely complex and a simple mistake by the individual can lead to dire consequences. Not only does an individual face these legal obstacles and risks, but unless they have a criminal defense lawyer by their side, they also face those hitches alone.
However, this does not have to be the case. While it is true that facing criminal charges is extremely intimidating, you do not have to do it alone. The justice system provides for the right to counsel no matter what you are being charged with and it is highly advised that you take advantage of that provision. Hiring a Michigan criminal defense lawyer comes with a multitude of benefits and can ultimately have a direct positive effect on the success of your case. While this list is nowhere near comprehensive, continue reading to learn five of the most common benefits of hiring a Michigan criminal defense attorney to advocate for you against criminal charges.
1. Your criminal defense attorney cares about you. Prosecutors and court officials are seeking to reduce the number of alleged criminals in the community in order to make it safer to the general public. As such, they are more concerned with effecting statistical changes than they are in your specific well-being. A criminal defense lawyer has one job and that is to be your advocate – yours and no one else's at the trial. Their job is to defend you, to protect your rights and to voice your best interest, whether in a plea bargain or in an actual trial. An experienced Michigan criminal defense lawyer will take the time to understand your case, assess the situation and form a plan to take the actions required to facilitate positive outcomes for you.
2. You are hiring an expert to defend you. Criminal defense attorneys have one job: to defend their clients against criminal charges. As such, they are able to devote their energy and time solely to building a solid case on your behalf. Experienced lawyers are educated in their specific field of law and are experts in the criminal court system and procedures. The Michigan court system has specific qualities and features that differ from district to district. Hiring a criminal defense lawyer will provide you with not only skilled legal representation but wise representation. Your Michigan criminal defense attorney will examine the facts and utilize their knowledge of the local laws to build a strong defense case on your behalf.
3. You may be facing heavy penalties. Because of what is at stake in your case, you need to take every action available to ensure that you do not suffer more than necessary. You may think that because you are innocent of the charges brought against you, you cannot be convicted or given a sentence. This is not the case. Prosecutors are brutal in their case against alleged criminals and as such will advocate for the heaviest penalty possible. You need someone who will protect you against such injustice. A criminal defense attorney will try to make sure you are acquitted of false charges and protected against unfair sentencing if you are found or plead guilty.
4. Prompt action can lead to mitigation. The earlier you take action for your defense against the charges brought against you, the higher the likelihood of a successful case. In the Michigan criminal justice system, omission is taken as admission. As long as you do not take action to equip yourself with legal representation for your defense, the longer you are allowing your prosecutors to strengthen their case against you. Hiring a criminal defense attorney should be the first step you take after being accused of a crime, any crime. A criminal defense attorney can assist in mitigating consequences and alleviating the burden that comes with such a charge.
5. Long-term financial benefits. While this seems contradictory, hiring an experienced criminal attorney can reduce the costs associated with criminal charges in the long run. Not only are you being subjected to the possibility of harsh fines, court costs and other miscellaneous added fees, but you are facing time away from your work and the chance to earn wages. Furthermore, if you do not have adequate representation in court and you are given a sentence including prison time, this increases the loss of wages and can cost you a great deal in the long run. While hiring a criminal attorney may cost a certain amount of money, it is financially more efficient for you to hire a criminal defense lawyer to defend you against the charges immediately.
Criminal Defense Attorney in Michigan
These are simply a few of the benefits that are associated with hiring a criminal defense lawyer. At Freedman Law Group, we do not want you to be alone in facing criminal charges. Our attorney is experienced in the area of criminal defense and has been practicing under the Michigan court system for many years. We work long and hard to defend our clients against untrue charges and unfair sentences and exhaust every resource available to yield outcomes in our clients' favor. To learn more about the benefits of contacting a Michigan criminal defense attorney, get in touch with our office today.